Development and Final Output Ideas

Development

When developing the app it was important for me to fig- ure out the theme of the app early on as this is an essen- tial part of how successful the app will be. It is essential because the app relies on the information supplied by the teachers and the parents, however if the app doesn’t provide a pleasant and easy experience when in use, providing this information will become a chore and the user will not want to utilise it.

When coming up with the theme for my app I wanted to stress the collaboration between the teacher in the class- room and the parent at home. Therefore I have designed the ‘Main Page’ to look like a classroom for when the child is at school and will also later develop one for when the child is at home. I have produced these first drafts of the app layouts based on my Wireframes from the planning stage. The aesthetic theme of the app is also reflected throughout this document. I think this theme will be suc- cessful as it is easy on the eyes and is also quite gender neutral, therefore I will continue this theme into my final stages of development and prototyping.

Final Output Ideas

For the final output I would like to collage together all of the assets of the app that I have created into an infographic style prototype. To the left are some examples of this. The graphic would include some screen designs for the final app displayed in a mock up IOS iPhone scenario. Possibly it will include some text examples and colour palettes and will display all of the icons that would be used in the final app.

The infographic prototype will reflect the style and the theme of my app. Therefore it will need to attract my target audience and ap- peal to both male and female, parents and teachers. As the app will be designed to hold information about children I would also like it to have a gamified side. This could mean that the interface would become slightly childish however I would strive to also make the app suitable for its main audience, adults. To do this I would want to make an app design that looks trustworthy and professional, as par- ents and teachers would be entrusting it with delicate and personal information.

I would also potentially like to make a short motion graphic. The motion graphic would cover the purpose behind the app and how it could help the learning difficulties community. It will be short and simple and will also reflect the theme and branding of the app. To the left are some ex- amples of this for other apps. I believe that I am on target according to my schedule to finish this next section of development by week 11.

97d30332293399.568fc8d41e2c1 bf4dd032293399.56a5ac7f788ea 4cb63232293399.568fac36e67ac